Found on Facebook
First and foremost. Tom Stevens, having resigned his membership, is no longer a member of the LPPA and should no longer be allowed the privilege to post on any LPPA e-mail list.
Second. Tom Stevens stated that he “appointed” the new chairman, Aaron Rosengarten. There were no elections, there was a statement that Aaron was appointed Chair of Northampton County Libertarian Committee, and Tom Stevens appointed himself Executive Director of an affiliate of the LPPA while no longer being a member of the LPPA. According to the LPPA, an Executive Director must meet the same qualifications as a board member. Tom Stevens does not.
Tom Stevens has violated our bylaws, and under Article 2 Section 3, the board was going to vote on the following issues at the August 17 Board Meeting.
1. Tom Stevens, having learned that he was going to lose his membership resigns.
2. Tom Stevens having resigned, appoints his successor while naming himself executive director
3. He attempts to damage the credibility of those in his own county committee who have questioned what has been happening.
4. Paul Rizzo, whose home was to be the venue for the Northampton Libertarian Committee plans on moving forward with the meeting in an effort to sort out what has happened these past few days.
5. Given that Tom Stevens was appointing people while resigning, I want to thank Paul Rizzo for standing up, creating an agenda for the meeting.
I will not meddle in the affairs of the Northampton County affiliate, but I will encourage an open and honest debate, and would appreciate updates from all involved about what is happening.
Anyone interested in attending this meeting, please contact Paul Rizzo email@example.com who will be copied on this e-mail. In addition, Tom Stevens has a long history of damaging organizations in which he manages to gain membership. I believe the members of the LPPA have a duty to warn all other organizations Tom would seek to destroy. The membership can do what it wants, but I would suggest a resolution condemning his actions while making another resolution stating that we, as an organization, will not do business with any entity Tom Stevens is affiliated with. As chairman, I am not able to make motions, but I am hoping that someone within our membership will draft such a resolution, and help the LPPA heal while warning other organizations about what will be coming their way should they invite Tom Stevens to join.
P.S. as with all of my posts here: If anyone wishes to put this on any other FB page, or publish it anywhere else, you do not need my permission. I only ask that if anyone posts this, please post it in its entirety.