Virgil Goode quoted in National Journal article re: VA election

Speculation swirls around Virginia GOPer, Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling, running as an independent for Governor later this year. Popular conservative Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli will almost certainly be the Republican nominee. Virgil Goode, the former Constitution Party presidential candidate and a former VA GOP Congressman, observes, “I think (Cuccinelli) has got a lot of conservative support and I don’t think an independent candidate, unless they had a whole of a lot of money, would have much impact.” Goode, who also served in the Virginia State Senate, also noted, “I think it’s a tough road for any independent to run.”

Story link here.

This entry was posted in Constitution Party, Independents and tagged on by .

About Peter Gemma

Peter B. Gemma, an award-winning freelance writer, has penned more than 100 commentaries for USA Today and written for such publications as The Washington Examiner, DailyCaller.com, Military History, and Britain’s Quarterly Review. His book, “Shots Fired: Sam Francis on America’s Culture War,” was praised by the American Library Association as “invaluable political cogitation.”

118 thoughts on “Virgil Goode quoted in National Journal article re: VA election

1. Matt Cholko

I guess Bolling is pissed that the GOP didn’t give him his shot at the top of the ticket. He’s been sitting there in the number two spot for quite a while now.

2. johnO

Bolling probably would have more support if he ran on LP or CP ticket. Depends what issues he runs on. Maybe he is a secret Green?

Poster #3 may have nailed it. Why would Goode say anything about the GOP race and especially by making a negative remark about an independent candidate? Sounds like he really had no idea how tough it is to be a minor party nominee. I hope he doesn’t become the Bob Barr of the CP.

4. Jeremy C. Young

I am constantly surprised by how shocked these major-party crossovers are that they don’t getting more votes running as third party candidates. Did Goode really think he was God’s gift to electoral politics and that he would succeed where other Congresspeople such as Barr and McKinney had failed? I understand it more with Johnson, since no U.S. governor has run as a third party candidate in quite some time, but did he really think that on his first try he was going to do any better than guys like John St. John and Frank Hanly did in the late 19th century? These candidates need to lower their expectations and prepare for the long slog of running and raising a profile as a third-party candidate.

5. Govnoment

“Did Goode really think he was God’s gift to electoral politics and that he would succeed where other Congresspeople such as Barr and McKinney had failed?”

Probably.

Goode reportedly did not show up for the national committee meeting after the election (which he is on). I’m not sure if that means anything.

A lot of people in the CP must have thought so since they did not learn from what happened with Barr and McKinney and nominated him over Castle.

8. Gary Odom

As my second basemen, Norm Kahler, used to say when I was pitching for Whittier College in the early 70′s, “what will it matter in ten years.?”

9. Jeremy C. Young

I’m not convinced Castle would have been a lot better, though he probably would have been a little better. The real problem is that the CP is falling apart, and is not currently a great platform for running a national candidate (not that they shouldn’t keep trying).

I think he would have been a lot better.

There’s certainly room to challenge the Republicans from the right, including by people who don’t agree with libertarian social issues positions.

I don’t see why they have less of a platform in theory than Greens do. They just haven’t been as adept at making a good use of it, at least yet.

As my second basemen, Norm Kahler, used to say when I was pitching for Whittier College in the early 70?s, “what will it matter in ten years.?”

Sounds like Keynes…”in the long run we’ll all be dead”

One of these interviewers should ask Virgil Goode why he hasn’t paid petition circulators who got him on the ballot the money that he owes them?

The last petition drive ended over 3 months ago and still no pay from Virgil Goode.

Is the national Constitution Party going to step in with money for any petition drive related debts where Virgil Goode stiffs people who are owed? I think that they should. How much longer should we have to wait for the money?

“paulie // Dec 13, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I wouldn’t expect reporters getting quotes for an article about an election in Virginia to ask about that.”

A candidate stiffing people who worked to get him on the ballot ought to be a newsworthy question.

Dunno.

I think that they should.

That would be awesome!

How much longer should we have to wait for the money?

It should have already been paid.

Frankly, delaying the pay over the number of signatures controversy was completely ridiculous, because he had received a count of the number of signatures from the Alabama Secretary of State’s office in less than a week after they were turned in, plus he had already agreed to pay for more than that number anyway.

This was all just an excuse to look for a way to chisel us out of money.

If Virgil stiffs any petition circulator, and if the national Constitution Party does not make up for it, then it is going to make both Virgil and the national Constitution Party look bad.

Speaking of which, I never had a problem with anyone in the Constitution Party prior to this.

If I receive all of the money that I’m owed I will report it on this blog. If I don’t get the money I will continue to report that as well. If I get part of the money I’m owed while getting stiffed on some of it I will report that as well.

19. johnO

Tancredo did a great job for CP in Colorado getting major party status. He then went back to Republican Party. Tom Tancredo has less in common with Republicans as they are trying to shed social issues. Goode seems to be heading in the same direction. Bad decision for both for they would’ve had better future in CP. Tancredo might’ve won his old Congress seat. It’s a social conservative area.

20. Jed Siple

The problem I see with the Constitution Party is that, outside of a few states, they seem to focus all their attention on the Presidential Ticket and run shockingly few candidates at the local level, especially in comparison to the Libertarians and Greens. If the CP wants to survive, they need to build a more grassroots effort. Yes, the Presidential ticket is important as it focuses attention on the party, but running local candidates who have a shot at getting elected is how you really grow the party.

21. johnO

I want to reiterate this point to anyone reading this:

Virgil’s excuse for not paying was that he didn’t have an exact count of how many signatures we turned in, however, he RECEIVED A COUNT FROM THE ALABAMA SECRETARY OF STATE’S OFFICE LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER THE FINAL TURN IN AT THE STATE CAPITAL BUILDING. This is in an email from a woman who works in the Elections Division. Virgil was forwarded this email multiple times. The email contains the woman’s phone number, so he can call her if he has any additional questions. This email was also sent to other members of the Constitution Party, all of whom said that Virgil should pay us. Virgil had ALREADY AGREED TO PAY FOR MORE SIGNATURES THAN WHAT WE ENDED UP TURNING IN TO THE ALABAMA SECRETARY OF STATE’S OFFICE.

The Alabama Secretary of State’s office said that we turned in 7,852 signatures, only 21 of them were collected by volunteers, the other 7,831 were collected by paid petitioners. Virgil had previously agreed to pay for 8,000 signatures, then he actually told me that he was probably going to pay for more than 8,000 signatures, but that he wanted me to tell him when we hit 8,000 and then he’d let us know how many more signatures he wanted to pay for beyond that. Due to getting hassled by the police and bureaucrats at several locations (such as at least 2 state universities, a community college, a public library, and the Birmingham Civic Center to name some of them) where petitioners were prevented from gathering petition signatures, we did not hit 8,000 signatures. However, the signature requirement was 5,000 valid, since we had a high validity rate (our validity was in the 70′s-80′s percentile range), we still had more than enough valid signatures for him to be on the ballot in Alabama. So one would think that he’d be happy with a job well done and want to make sure that the petitioners who did the work to make this happen were fully compensated for this, however, he only paid us for 7,000 signatures, and now it is over 3 months later and we still have not received the rest of the money, and we don’t know if we are ever going to get the rest of it or not.

23. Suck it, don't bite it

Hey Jacobs, why are you still allowed to comment here when Milnes and Ogle have been banned? Is it a double standard because Jew Frankel puts up copy and paste articles on IPR? Because whiny petitioner bitching was supposed to be segregated in a separate thread so the rest of us don’t have to read it. Yet here you are violating the policy and saying you’ll keep doing it which is exactly what Milnes supposably got kicked out for doing. I hope Virgil Goode sues you and wins, because I’m sure he already paid your sorry ass more than you are worth anyway. Petitioning should be volunteer work anyway. And if you have to pay scum to do it it should be a lot less then what they are getting paid now. So stop whining you annoying crybaby and be thankful you got paid anything at all.

“johnO // Dec 13, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I wonder if Tancredo was still a CP member and ran for Pres would he not pay his bills? I believe he would. CP didn’t choose a strong horse for their issues this time.”

Well those delegates who chose him as a candidate ought to pick up the bill for anyone that he stiffs out of money.

“Suck it, don’t bite it // Dec 13, 2012 at 2:38 pm”

Hey, COWARD posting under a FAKE name, the subject is relevant to discussion. Virgil Goode is going around participating in interviews, and I think it is a relevant issue if he did not pay people who worked to get him on the ballot.

People are relying on this money to pay their bills. Think about going to whatever your job or business is and doing work and then not getting paid for it.

I’m not the only one who has not been paid. There’s another guy who worked to put Virgil Goode on the ballot, in this case in New York, and he says that Virgil stiffed him out of $4,000. He’d probably be on here talking about it himself but he doesn’t have a computer.

There’s another guy who worked to put Virgil Goode on the ballot who says that Virgil owes him $3,400. I think he has a computer but I’m not sure if he knows about this website.

I think the public should know if a candidate or party rips off people who do work for them.

26. Jeremy C. Young

Paulie @11, I didn’t mean it’s not a good ideological platform, I meant it’s not a good political platform. The party seems to be dissolving into infighting. The number of states that put Hoefling, Baldwin, and others on the ballot instead of Goode was outrageous. The CP needs to resolve its internal issues before another serious candidate will be willing to run under its banner.

Virgil had a count on the number of signatures turned in from the Alabama Secretary of State’s office less than a week after the September 6th turn in, so there was NO LEGITIMATE REASON WHY HE COULD NOT HAVE PAID IN FULL RIGHT AFTER THIS. If he would have just paid us in full at that point instead of playing games this would not even be a discussion right now.

28. johnO

CP has strong grassroots in Utah, Colorado and Missouri. They should run more candidates in south and rust belt. I bet the Bible Belt would flock to them if Republican Party goes moderate.

29. Suck it, don't bite it

Jacobs you and Frankel should both go suck on child molestor Barnes fat sweaty nut sack. Ooops i forgot you already do that. Nobody want to hear your whining about how you supposedly did not get paid. Both of you should be kicked off this website just like Milnes and Ogle. If anything they are not half as shitty people as you. You make a living doing something that should be volunteer, get paid way too much and then you whine about it. What a bunch of crybaby douchebags. Rules are rules …post about it on the petitioner whining thread…or is it a double standard at IPR????

“I hope Virgil Goode sues you and wins,”

Sues me for what? He’d get laughed out of court.

“because I’m sure he already paid your sorry ass”

He has not paid us all of what we are owed and there are other people in the Constitution Party who know that he has not paid us all of what we are owed.

“more than you are worth anyway.”

He actually paid us less than what the job was worth if anything.

“Petitioning should be volunteer work anyway.”

There are very few petitions that get enough signatures with just volunteers. This is why groups hire people to do it.

This comment is absolutely ridiculous. Why do campaigns even bother to raise any money at all if all of the work should be done by volunteers? Why limit this to just politics? Everything should ideally be done by volunteers, including hospitals, grocery stores and food production, etc… Why not just have everything done by volunteers?

The fact that this person would make such an absurd statement illustrates that they are an idiot. I can see why you are ashamed to post under your real name being that you make such stupid comments.

“Suck it, don’t bite it // Dec 13, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Jacobs you and Frankel should both go suck on child molestor Barnes fat sweaty nut sack. Ooops i forgot you already do that.”

I’ve only spoken to Barnes a few times and I don’t really know the guy that well, so I don’t know what in the hell you are talking about, and neither do you.

This must be somebody from California, or who used to live in California. Is this Michael Seebeck, or perhaps Bruce Cohen?

“You make a living doing something that should be volunteer, get paid way too much and then you whine about it.”

This is a retarded statement. Everyone makes a living doing something that could be done by volunteers.

A lot of Libertarians were happy about those marijuana legalization initiatives passing in Colorado and Washington. I did not work on either of them, but I can tell you that both of these initiatives would not have qualified for the ballot if not for paid petitioners.

33. Jeremy C. Young

Actually, Andy and Paulie make their living doing a job that shouldn’t be necessary if the government didn’t put up unreasonable barriers to running for office. Since the government does do that, I think making money lowering those barriers for third-party candidates is a noble profession.

34. Suck it, don't bite it

Hey where is the owner of this website? Can the owner please explain why the same rules which apply to milnes and Ogle do not apply to Frankel and Jacobs? Because it was decided that petitioner whining was supposed to be segregated to a separate thread just like the PLAS and USA parliament. And then they got kicked off because they would not stick to those restrictions. So if you are going to be consistent right now you need to kick the whiny petitioners off also because they are not sticking to their time out corner either. Otherwise you are being a hypocrite. Also you could be sued because you do not know whether what they are alleging is even true. That could be a lie completely and damaging a person’s reputation such as Virgil Goode. Maybe he paid them everything and they are trying to extort more money now like they have been known to do in the past. So either enforce the rules even handed or be shown to be a hypocrite. You may be opening up your website to being sued for libel and slander because you are allowing these unproven allegations to be printed here. And even if not does anyone give a rats ass. I think not due to the fact that they were given a segregated thread to begin with. Anyway I want to see if the owner is a hypocrite.

35. Jeremy C. Young

This “petitioner whining” is relevant, since the thread is about a public statement by the person who stiffed the petitioner. Also, the owner who made the decision to segregate those posts is no longer the owner of the site.

Hey, how about stop paying the staff who work at the LP National office? I mean after all, the work they do should be done by volunteers. So stop paying them and let’s see if all of the work gets done by volunteers. All of this talk about whether the LP should continue renting a national office or if the LP should purchase a building for its national office should be irrelevant as well, somebody should just volunteer office space for the Libertarian Party. The Libertarian Party should not have to pay for party literature to be printed up, somebody should volunteer to print it up for free. The Libertarian Party should not have to pay for TV or radio ads, TV and radio stations should put the ads on the air for free.

Meanwhile back in the real world….

37. Suck it, don't bite it

Lets look at the facts. Any hobo or homeless crackhead bum can get signatures. Why should it pay more than 25 cents a signature if you are going to pay anything at all. And then they have the balls to whine about what they get paid. Go beg for change at a highway exit you bums.

“Jeremy C. Young // Dec 13, 2012 at 3:18 pm

This ‘petitioner whining’ is relevant, since the thread is about a public statement by the person who stiffed the petitioner.”

BINGO!

39. Jeremy C. Young

Getting signatures is a) hard, b) pretty demoralizing, and c) work that requires a great deal of skill to do right. I’m pretty sure if I went out to collect a thousand signatures right now, it would take me a really long time to get them because I wouldn’t know how best to approach people; I’d have a really low validity rate because I lacked the experience to get the signatures properly; and I’d probably have a nervous breakdown from cold-approaching so many unfriendly people. So I admire the work Andy and Paulie do; it is valuable work, and I’m glad they do it.

“Suck it, don’t bite it // Dec 13, 2012 at 3:19 pm Lets look at the facts. Any hobo or homeless crackhead bum can get signatures. Why should it pay more than 25 cents a signature if you are going to pay anything at all.”

Hey, that’s funny, but whenever this approach has been tried it has been an immense FAILURE.

“And then they have the balls to whine about what they get paid. Go beg for change at a highway exit you bums.”

My complaint here has not been about the rate of pay (although frankly, it should have been higher), but rather having gone out and fulfilled my end of the agreement by getting the work done and then NOT GETTING PAID ALL OF WHAT VIRGIL SAID HE WAS GOING TO PAY. Virgil Goode has not lived up to his end of the agreement.

You could make the statement about anyone going to a highway exit ramp to beg for change about anyone. That’s ridiculous and irrelevant to the discussion.

“Jeremy C. Young // Dec 13, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Getting signatures is a) hard, b) pretty demoralizing, and c) work that requires a great deal of skill to do right. I’m pretty sure if I went out to collect a thousand signatures right now, it would take me a really long time to get them because I wouldn’t know how best to approach people; I’d have a really low validity rate because I lacked the experience to get the signatures properly; and I’d probably have a nervous breakdown from cold-approaching so many unfriendly people.”

BINGO!

A lot of people underestimate the difficulty of gather petition signatures for ballot access until they actually try it.

“So I admire the work Andy and Paulie do; it is valuable work, and I’m glad they do it.”

Thanks.

I believe that people should live up to their agreements and get paid for whatever work is done regardless of what the job is.

42. Matt Cholko

On the other hand, everyone needs a place to vent, and I can think of worse places for it.

“Suck it, don’t bite it // Dec 13, 2012 at 3:21 pm

So why are they still banning Milnes then? Can somebody say double standard?”

I’m not banning Milnes. Also, nothing is stopping Milnes from posting here under a different name even if he is banned.

I wonder if this person posting under a fake name is Robert Milnes.

“Matt Cholko // Dec 13, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I don’t agree with most of the stuff that Mr. Bite It has said here, but I do feel that days and days of comments about not being paid by Virgil Goode is detracting from the overall IPR experience.”

Nobody is forcing you to read these comments. If there are comments that I’m not interested in reading I scroll past them.

These articles were about Virgil Goode, so I think that it is relevant to post comments in these discussion threads about Virgil Goode and he still owes people money who worked to get him on the ballot over 3 months after the last petition drive ended.

One more time: VIRGIL GOODE GET THE NEWS THAT HE HAD MADE THE BALLOT IN ALABAMA, ALONG WITH A COUNT OF HOW MANY SIGNATURES WERE TURNED IN, FROM THE ALABAMA SECRETARY OF STATE’S OFFICE IN LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER THE SEPTEMBER 6TH TURN IN OF PETITION SIGNATURES AT THE ALABAMA SECRETARY OF STATE’S OFFICE.

So given these facts, why did he not pay us then as he had previously agreed to do? Why is it over 3 months later and he still has not paid us?

This would not even be a discussion right now if he had just paid us after he got the news from the Alabama Secretary of State’s office back in September.

“Maybe he paid them everything and they are trying to extort more money now like they have been known to do in the past.”

I’ve never done this, you lying sack of chickenshit.

“You may be opening up your website to being sued for libel and slander because you are allowing these unproven allegations to be printed her.”

First of all, it is ridiculous to say that the site owner should be or would be held accountable over something posted in a public comments section of a website.

Second of all, I’ve got emails saved that prove everything that I’m saying. There are people in the Constitution Party who have already admitted that we are owed the money, they are just trying to get Virgil Goode to pay it to us.

“Jeremy C. Young // Dec 13, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Actually, Andy and Paulie make their living doing a job that shouldn’t be necessary if the government didn’t put up unreasonable barriers to running for office.”

Getting candidates on the ballot is only one part of the equation. There are also ballot initiative, referenda, and recall petitions. Even if petition requirements to place candidates on the ballot were eliminated, there’d still be a need to gather petition signatures to place initiatives, referenda, and recalls on the ballot, plus sometimes people pay for signatures on non-binding petition meant to influence government (also known as plebiscite petitions), and there are also paid voter registration drives (even when ballot access is not on the line), and there are paid get out the vote efforts, so it is not like all of the work comes from petitions to place candidates on the ballot.

48. Trent Hill

“I don’t agree with most of the stuff that Mr. Bite It has said here, but I do feel that days and days of comments about not being paid by Virgil Goode is detracting from the overall IPR experience. ”

This. A million times this.

49. Suck it, don't bite it

OMG. Andy is gonna bust a vein in his penis with that caps lock @50 LOL, what a nut! Thank you Matt Cholko and Trent Hill for pointing out the obvious. Andy Jacobs will not get any more money by annoying everyone here by going on and on with his BS. But he will just make everyone hate him and not want to deal with him. It’s too bad the owner doesn’t actually enforce the rules even handedly and just kick his sorry ass off the site so he stops annoying the shit out of everyone. Now I’m sure everyone can understand why a lot of people don’t like the whiny petitioners. And judging by the past behaviors this is just the beginning pretty soon every thread on IPR will be about this and nothing else all day every day. Lets see how many people still defend them after a few more weeks or months of this. I would say give them the money just so they shut up but that would be giving in to terrorism. So I say don’t give them a penny and kick them off the site already please. And don’t hire these screwballs unless you want them to do the same thing to you. Sorry that the website owner is too spineless to kick them out because pretty soon no one will be reading anymore because they are so sick of hearing about this.

“Andy, please don’t blog every Goode thread from now on with news of this. We all know, we all sympathize. Goode doesn’t read this website.

These threads were no just about Virgil Goode, they were about interviews of Virgil Goode. So I’d just like to see somebody ask him about why he has not paid several people who gathered petition signatures to get him on the ballot. I think that this question is fair game.

And fyi, I just got a text message from the petitioner whom Virgil owes something like $3,400 for work done in other states, and he said that Virgil has been dodging his phone calls.

“And don’t hire these screwballs unless you want them to do the same thing to you.”

LOL! There are people in the Constitution Party who have already said that they want to hire us back and they are embarrassed that Virgil Goode has stiffed us.

“Andy Jacobs will not get any more money by annoying everyone here by going on and on with his BS”

This is going under the false assumption that everyone is obligated to read every post. If a person is not interested in a message that is posted they can scroll past it. This is what I do whenever I encounter a subject for which I lack interest.

This person must be too stupid to do this, either that or they have an authoritarian personality.

53. GovCorp

Maybe they should pay then?

“Trent Hill // Dec 13, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Seriously, though, Andy. Please don’t post this in every single Virgil Goode thread.”

“GovCorp // Dec 13, 2012 at 6:36 pm

‘There are people in the Constitution Party who have already said that they want to hire us back and they are embarrassed that Virgil Goode has stiffed us.’

Maybe they should pay then?”

If Virgil continues to not pay us, then yes, they should. The Constitution Party’s National Committee should pay us and then they can go after Virgil Goode for the money if they want.

55. Trent Hill

“I think that it is relevant. The public should know if a candidate stiffs people he hires to do work.”

“Also, how many Vigil Goode threads are there going to be? It’s not like the guy is a big name or is setting the world on fire or anything like that. I doubt that the Constitution Party is going to nominate him again. ”

56. Trent Hill

“I bet that some of these people here would be singing a different tune if Virgil Goode owed them money.”

I’ve looked into that before re: clients that didn’t pay. Attorneys advised me that it’s more trouble than it’s worth for anything under 10k (ten years ago). It’s also not very practical when you live on the road. And since the contracts are made on the fly verbally at the last minute and changed as things develop over the phone it’s not easy to prove things. In this case we do have some proof but I’m not sure it’s really worth the trouble of suing anyone. I don’t particularly want to keep harping on the subject endlessly. My own policy is going to be if no one from the CP pays me I am not nearly as inclined to work with them in the future. I think that’s probably all I’m going to do about it. I don’t like to run to regime korts every time I have a problem, and I don’t like to wind up in them because I handled my problems in some “illegal” way.

“Jed Siple // Dec 13, 2012 at 9:25 pm

If Goode was supposed to pay you and didn’t, sue. It really is that simple”

The amount that he owes me is probably not enough to where it would be worth it to go through the hassle of suing somebody. He owes me about $2,000. I’d have to waste a bunch of my time suing him, and even then, I could get a settlement against him and still have a difficult time actually collecting the money.

If he doesn’t pay us then the rest of the Constitution Party needs to step in with the money. If they don’t their party will lose honor.

“Agreed. You can talk to a writer here (I suggest Warren) about possibly writing an article to that effect or you can post news of this in several places. But please do not swamp this website with repeated references to the same issue over and over and over again. It’s really obnoxious.”

This is your opinion, it is not a fact. If you don’t like it then skip over those posts.

If Virgil Goode or any other candidate stiffs people who worked on their campaign it is news worthy.

“There will be plenty. We still make occasional Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin, Michael Peroutka, and Michael Badnarik posts–and those guys ran for president 4-8 years ago. Please, seriously, don’t do this. It does more damage to your reputation than his.”

Oh bull, the only reason that Baldwin gets mentioned here is because he write a regular column. Barr only gets mentioned here by Libertarians who are still pissed off at him. Badnarik and Peroutka (especially Peroutka) rarely get mentioned here.

I doubt that there will be many stories here about Virgil Goode. How often does he do anything news worthy? I also doubt that the Constitution Party will ever nominate him for anything again. I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves the party.

Saying that this damages my reputation is a completely foolish statement. Virgil Goode got on the ballot. I played a big role in making it happen. Hire me and make. Virgil Goode failed in several other states where he hired people. Anyone who is serious about making it on the ballot or anything else will still contact me.

“No. We all understand and sympathize that you want your money. I’d be angry. But, I wouldn’t ignore thousands of unrelated readers about it. One conversation (like, say, this thread) about the issue is plenty to alert any interested readers.”

It is relevant to this thread because this thread is about an interview with Virgil Goode. I said that I’d like to see an interviewer ask him a question about why he has stiffed several people who worked on petitions to place him on the ballot out of several thousand dollars. This is a perfectly legitimate question.

You don’t know who all reads every thread. There could be people who missed this on the last Virgil Goode thread. Not everyone reads everything thread, or even looks at every article that gets posted here.

The issue will cease being relevant after we get paid.

61. Matt Cholko

Regardless of whether it is or is not appropriate to comment in this or any other thread about the matter, it certainly does seem like a good idea for someone to write a story about this non-payment issue.

62. Trent Hill

Matt–I fear that would encourage Andy to spread his “news” all over every thread. I think it’s newsworthy, but Andy saying he’s going to post this in every Virgil Goode thread makes me not want to make such a post.

63. Gowno

The person that is using their work motto as their moniker #26, 32, 37, 40, 42 & 54 should probably be banned for their abusive language and irrelevant comments. THAT was why the others were banned. Just sayin’.

64. Peter Gemma Post author

@4 – the prestigious National Journal called someone it thought would have relevant experience re: a story about Independent candidates in VA. Goode’s observation about the chances Bolling has or the popularity of Cuccinelli are just opinions from an authoritative source … like you’d find in any news story. It doesn’t make Virgil a Republican, it shows he’s an interesting political analyst. @11 – Virgil said a long time ago he would not be attending the St. Louis mtg. because of a scheduling conflict. He will be the keynote speaker at the Spring mtg. in Baltimore. Virgil is very much committed to the CP: he has just joined the new Finance Committee of the party to help raise money.

I can’t do it for reasons that should be obvious, but if anyone else feels like it feel free to contact me at 415.690.6352 or paulie.frankel@LP.org

Andy will do what he’s going to do regardless. I would prefer not to dwell on it too much if they don’t pay us, just not work with them again, but Andy will probably take a different approach.

Thanks for the update. My source claimed that it was a surprise, but so much for that.

Peter Gemma said: “Virgil is very much committed to the CP: he has just joined the new Finance Committee of the party to help raise money.”

Well then how about starting with raising money to pay off the people who petitioned to get him on the ballot who he still has not paid?

“Trent Hill // Dec 14, 2012 at 1:01 am

Matt–I fear that would encourage Andy to spread his ‘news’ all over every thread. I think it’s newsworthy, but Andy saying he’s going to post this in every Virgil Goode thread makes me not want to make such a post.”

Well, if I happen to be on this site, and I see a story about Virgil Goode, and I still have not been paid the money that I’m owed, of course I’m going to mention it.

Does the Constitution Party really want a guy who stiffs the working man representing their party? Is not honoring one’s word not important to the Constitution Party? Is it fiscally responsible to not pay one’s debts?

I’ve got a letter from the Alabama Secretary of State’s office which was sent out in a PDF file and emailed on September 10th. The letter says that the petition to put Virgil Goode on the ballot had 7,852 signatures, and that there were more than 5,000 valid (which is the legally required number of valid signatures), so the Virgil Goode / James Clymer ticket was going to appear on the Alabama ballot (which they did). Virgil, as well as other members of the Constitution Party received this letter the same day we did. This letter contained all of the necessary information for Virgil to pay us the rest of the money. There is no reason that stands up to any rational scrutiny as to why we should not have received the remainder of the pay for the signatures, plus a reimbursement for photo copying the petition sheets, shortly thereafter, so we should have received this money between September 11th and September 14th. However, instead of just paying us, Virgil came up with a bunch of excuses to not pay, and we still have not received the money.

I would post the letter from the Alabama Secretary of State’s office here, but I’m not sure how to do that since it is in a PDF file. If anyone is curious to see it let me know and I can email it to you.

The petition drive ended on September 6th, the election was on November 6th, and now we are half way through December and still no money.

70. So?

He is a millionaire, and he could fundraise. The party could also pay it, or the VP candidate. Lots of options.

“John Purdin // Dec 16, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Goode has $4 left in his campaign account according to the FEC…

Well this just shows that he’s pretty damn irresponsible. He ran for President, which means that he wants to be in a position to sign or veto spending for the federal government, yet he’s not even responsible with his own campaign funds. Having people go out and do work and then not paying them after the work is done as had been agreed upon before the work was done is not a sign of a person who is fiscally responsible.

The poster above pointed that he he is personally worth several million dollars himself ($4 million according the the candidate financial disclosure report I read on OpenSecrets.org), so he could easily pay all of the petitioners who are still owed money out of his own pocket.

Also, there hasn’t been anything stopping him from fund raising the rest of the money, and there has been nothing stopping their national committee from coming up with the money either.

If I sound angry it is because I’m sick & damn tired of waiting for my money.

I actually referred people FREE OF CHARGE (as in I made no money out of it) to work on his petitions in South Dakota and Iowa, and he would not have made it on the ballot in either of those states if I had not done that, yet the thanks I get is that I have not been paid all of the money that I’m owed over 3 months after the Alabama petition drive ended.

The last time I spoke to Virgil he was trying to claim that we didn’t really have the 7,852 signatures that the Alabama Secretary of State’s office reported (as if they just made it up), and that he wasn’t going to pay us until he or somebody else went in there and looked over the signatures, and that he wanted to dock us for any signature that he did not consider to be valid (even though we qualified him for the ballot, and even though the Secretary of State’s office reported that we had a high validity rate). I responded by telling him that standard operating procedure in the petition business is to get paid within one week of turning the signatures in, and that it is not standard to dock people on validity if their validity is around 70%-75% or higher (which our validity was), plus I reminded him that he had already agreed to pay for 8,000 signatures, and that he had said that he’d probably pay for more than 8,000 after we hit 8,000 (which turned out to not be necessary since we had a good validity rate). His response was that he didn’t care what the standard operating procedure in the petition business was and that he was not going to pay us until he or somebody else from the Constitution Party went to the Secretary of State’s office to examine the signatures and that he was going to not pay us for any signature that he doesn’t think was good (even if the Secretary of State’s office counted it) and that he was doing things his way.

I don’t think that anyone from the Constitution Party has been to the Alabama Secretary of State’s office since September 6th, and this should not even be necessary since we know that he made the ballot and the Secretary of State’s office already provided us with a count of 7,852, and he’d already agreed to pay for 8,000 signatures. Virgil lives in Rocky Mount, Virginia, so it would actually cost him more in time and money for him to take a trip down there to do this himself than it would for him to just pay us, and I don’t think that anybody in the Constitution Party of Alabama wants to waste their time and money on this either, because it is completely unnecessary.

The other two petitioners who he owes money to from work done in other states say that they’ve called him several times recently and it goes to voice mail and that he has not called them back.

I’d always had positive experiences with Constitution Party people prior to this, so I am rather astounded by this situation. I’m obviously disgusted as well.

72. Peter Gemma Post author

Andy – I don’t know how old you are, but do you honestly think by flailing about and throwing temper tantrums is going to make anyone take you seriously? Do you think adults who write checks will say, “gosh, that boy is so angry – we better put his paycheck before any other financial responsibilities we have.” If your claims are legit, you make yourself look awfully guilty – as Shakespeare said, “Me thinks he protests too much.”

73. Thane Eichenauer

@85
    Andy is old enough to legally collect signatures for money. He isn’t old enough to not care about having his bill ignored. Other than publicizing his claim or pursuing legal remedies (which nearly all people realize is unlikely to resolve his claim in a cost effective manner) I don’t see any other method for him to motivate Virgil Goode and the Constitution Party to talk with him to address his complaint.
    I imagine if his complaint was not completely legitimate (plus or minus 5%) that Virgil Goode could easily turn the tables on Andy and poison his third party customer base (if Andy’s claim was *not* legitimate) by emailing you and/or IPR with a complete recap of the dispute (which would produce an article).

I imagine Andy would encourage you to contact Mr. Goode to query him about his claim. I certainly do. In the absence of a connection point between Andy and Virgil Goode I don’t see that Andy has any reason to stop complaining.

I am not employee nor friend of Andy. I do know that he takes his obligations seriously. He has provided voter registration services to the Arizona Libertarian party in the past. Based on my knowledge of his past performance I presume that should the party need his services in the future that the Arizona Libertarian party would contract with him in the future.

74. Peter Gemma Post author

I don’t know how old you are

Same as me. 40. We are both owed money from this job. Other people are owed as well.

If your claims are legit

We have the letter from the Alabama Secretary of State’s office, email from Constitution Party national ballot access coordinator Alison Potter as well as the statement of the Alabama CP state chair who said that only a couple of sheets were from volunteers. There’s no doubt that the claim is legit.

If anyone doubts it I’ll put up the letter from the SOS as a .pdf here. I have already posted Alison’s letter in the other thread.

There are several people who are owed money, Andy is not the only one, as he has already been saying.

I personally don’t want to keep talking about this but if anyone is questioning whether we are in fact owed money, yes we are.

“Peter Gemma // Dec 17, 2012 at 7:55 am

Andy – I don’t know how old you are, but do you honestly think by flailing about and throwing temper tantrums is going to make anyone take you seriously?”

Gee, this is really easy for you to say since you are not the one who has not had money owed to them for over 3 months, and has not received any sign that they are even going to get the money at all. This is money owed to me, which represents my living expenses. Fortunately I’m not hard up, but what if I was, and what if I really needed that money to live on or I wasn’t going to be able to pay my rent or for food. This is not the case, but it could be the case, and it in fact was the case for some of the other people who worked on the petition drive in Alabama. I PAID THESE PEOPLE OUT OF MY OWN POCKET, AND SOME OF THESE SIGNATURES WHICH I PAID ON OUT OF MY OWN POCKET ARE ONES FOR WHICH VIRGIL HAS NOT PAID.

When you mess around with a person’s money, you are messing around with their livelihood. This is like if you hired a person to cut your grass, and they cut your grass, and then you did not pay them.

Nobody can deny that we did not do the job because Virgil Goode did in fact qualify for the ballot in Alabama. Nobody can say that we had bad validity, because the Alabama Secretary of State’s office reported that we had good validity.

There is simply no excuse to not pay or delay payment, and doing either is nothing short of disgraceful.

“Peter Gemma // Dec 17, 2012 at 10:02 am

well, if he thinks complaining over and over and over will help – good luck to him. I don’t know him or much about his claims, but can only judge by his attitude: he ain’t someone I want to deal with.”

Well this only proves that you are an idiot, and it also makes me questions your integrity since you seem to think that a person should get ripped off but then keep quite about it rather than have it brought out in the open in a public venue.

I’m for transparency. If a person rips somebody off or delays money owed to them for an unreasonably long period of time they need to be exposed.

“If your claims are legit”

There’s no “if” about it. There are other people in the Constitution Party who have already said that we are correct and that Virgil should pay us. They told Virgil this back in September.

I posted about this here because this is a website that deals with minor party and independent candidates, and it is one of the few websites devoted to this classification of candidates. Virgil Goode was mentioned here, so if I see him get mentioned, and if he still has not paid me what I’m owed, and if I haven’t even seen any action taken to pay us, then of course I’m going to say something about it.

I can tell that some of you people are not used to dealing with petition drives, and frankly, it sounds like some of you people must live sheltered lives. Many petition circulators who have thrown a fit after waiting more than a week to get money owed to them. I didn’t say a word about this in public until AFTER 3 months had passed.

I’ve been ripped off on other campaigns before. Some of it I’ve mentioned on this site, but some of it I have not. I have been ripped off on some ballot initiative and referenda campaigns, but I have not gotten into it here because this website does not focus on those type of campaigns, and most of the people here would not even know who I was talking about if I mentioned the names of the people who ripped me off. I also got ripped off on a local recall campaign in California a couple of years ago. Again, I did not talk about it here because it is not relevant to this the subject of this site.

I think that if a minor party, or a minor party or independent candidate, rips somebody off, or delays somebody’s pay for an unreasonably long period of time, that they ought to be exposed, and what better place to do it than Independent Political Report.

There are two other people who worked on petitions to get Virgil Goode on the ballot who say that Virgil still owes them money. One of them does not own a computer, and does not even use computers, but if they did they’d probably be posting about it here themselves. The other does have a computer, but I don’t think this person knows about this website.

“If financial difficulties were an issue, which they aren’t, they should have told us to stop collecting after 7,000 signatures. In retrospect, that’s what we should have done.”

Since we kept working beyond 7,000, because Virgil said that he’d pay for 8,000 (and later, expressed an interest in paying for MORE than 8,000 signatures, but 8,000 is what he agreed to pay for), and since we have not been paid for those signatures beyond 8,000, it means that we essentially worked as involuntary servants for Virgil Goode. Another word for involuntary servants is slaves. I did NOT agree beforehand to not get paid on those signatures, nor did I agree to have may pay for those signatures to be delayed by several months. Failure to pay is theft of labor and fraud.

Maybe this Peter Gemma guy is independently wealthy, or maybe he’s retired and living off of a pension, or maybe somebody else pays his bills for him. If any of these are the case, good for him.

I work for a living and I pay my own bills. If somebody doesn’t pay me money I’m owed they are taking food off of my table. Again, I’m not broke or anything like that, but the principle is the same.

“In the absence of a connection point between Andy and Virgil Goode I don’t see that Andy has any reason to stop complaining.”

I’ll stop complaining after I’m paid every penny that I’m owed. If this happens I’ll post about it here.

82. Suck it, don't bite it

See Peter Gemma gets it. Drama queen shakedown specialists Jacobs and Frankel are clearly trying to stir up drama because they are the ones who are guilty. They got paid everything they deserved and then some. This is their MO. They get the signatures and get paid. Then they try to kick up a big fuss and try to get more money so they can shut up and go away. Well don’t fall for it. Don’t pay them shit and don’t hire them in the first place. Otherwise this will happen to you too! This is the same shit they do in the Libertarian Party. Andy Jacobs has showed up at several different Libertarian National Committee meetings and spazzed out during public comments including a month ago and starting over 5 years ago in Pittsburgh where Jacobs, Frankel and Fincher first showed with their extortion hussle. Ask Angela Keaton, she was on the LNC then. Or ask Sean Haugh (former LP political director) or Scott Kohlhaas (former LP ballot access coordinator and Alaska chair) they will fill you in about these assholes. They run this same scam over and over. Jacobs spazzes out all the time like a wacko and convicted forger Jew Frankel pretends to be the “nice cop” in their scam team. Avoid the drama, don’t hire them to begin with.

83. Suck it, don't bite it

Best to avoid these scamster douche nozzles Jacobs, Frankel, their (former?) associate Gary Fincher, and Jake Witmer. So what do you get with them, nothing but trouble. So some people defend Frankel and what does he do here, just posts a bunch of copy and paste crap that gets this site kicked off google news plus tries to dominate every conversation which he is now also doing on the LNC. But yet he adds nothing, no original articles on IPR or motions on LNC, it is just cover for the scam gang so they don’t get kicked out like they should be a long time ago. He is a criminal piece of shit just like his friends. All part of a criminal gang of extortionists. Kick them off LNC and LNC meetings and off IPR. Ban them from comments. Don’t hire them as petitioners. Totally isolate and quarantine these parasites. Warn everyone you know. Act like you stepped in shit and scrape them off your shoe. They are a bunch of good for nothing losers and trouble makers.

85. I said no teeth, ho!

NF #97 that is good advice for Mr. Jacobs. Unfortunately he won’t listen to you since he got nothing.

“NewFederalist // Dec 17, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Wow! Lots of accusations but presented in such an antagonizing way as to be discredited from the get go. You might try another delivery if you seriously want people to believe anything you say.”

I don’t know if you are addressing me here, but there’s nothing here that can be discredited. I just got a phone call from somebody from the Constitution Party just a few minutes ago and they once again acknowledged that we are owed the money and they said that they are trying to get it for us.

You know, what is really funny is that my response has actually been quite tame compared to what you’d get from most petitioners.

The reason that you aren’t hearing from other petitioners here is because they don’t know about this website, or they did not work any minor party or independent candidate petitions. I don’t think that some of you people could handle what happens when a bunch of petitioners get ripped off on a ballot initiative campaign.

“NewFederalist // Dec 17, 2012 at 4:08 pm

But I am happy to hear the CP is trying to help you.”

The Constitution Party as a whole has not been the source of the problem. The source of the problem is Virgil Goode.

“Suck it, don’t bite it ”

I’m thinking that this person is Michael Seebeck. Another possibility is that this individuals initials are MH. JS is another possibility, but I’m thinking that Michael Seebeck or MH are more likely culprits.

I was also thinking that it could be Bruce Cohen, but now I’m doubting it. I doubt that Cohen would say Jew Frankel.

Another possibility is that the initials of the mystery poster are CB.

Whoever the person is, they are a lying piece of shit and a busy body drama queen, and a coward as well.

90. Quit biting you dumb slut!

Hey don’t take my word for it check it out for yourself. Ask Angela Keaton, she is highly respected by most people here, she was on the LNC when the same scam crew showed up and did their extortion thing in 2007 and when Jacobs showed up in LNC in 2008/9 in California and spazzed out. Ask Sean Haugh, the former executive director of the North Carolina LP, and former LP national political director. Ask Scott Kohlhaas, the former Alaska state LP chair and former LP national ballot access coordinator. Ask around with people that have been on the LNC or went to a lot of LNC meetings since 2007. Ask Lee Wrights, ask Mary Ruwart. Or you can see for yourself what they are pulling in IPR comments or what Frankel posts to the LNC. All talk and BS. Don’t just take my word for it ask around. When you do tell us what you found out.

91. Quit biting you dumb slut!

Now Andy Jacobs wants to speculate about who I am. Ask yourself why. It’s because he knows I am telling the truth and he wants to deflect your attention. But the truth speaks for itself, who gives a fuck who speaks it. If Jacobs had any facts he would address what I say not who I am. But he has only lies and bullshit so he can’t answer the facts. Now as for his guesses. I don’t know who any of the initials are. Bruce Cohen can eat shit and die. Now I am not Michael Seebeck but he is an honorable and wise man as far as I can tell. You can ask him about these leeches and parasites also, he knows the deal and he can tell you what’s up. Say no to leeches.

“Ask Angela Keaton, she is highly respected by most people here, ”

LOL! Angela Keaton is a nut and a drama queen, and she could not even make it through her term on the LNC. I heard that she got fired when she worked for the LP of CA also.

Angele Keaton is not even her real name, it’s a fake name she made up in order to sound Anglo. Her real name is Eso Pepe or something like that.

I had no problem with “Angela Keaton” until she rushed to the aid of Sean Haugh back in 2008 when he was creating all kinds of problems in ballot access. Instead of using her position on the LNC to work to fix the actual problems (much of which could have been solved by simply firing Sean Haugh), she mindlessly backed Sean Haugh and then launched an unprovoked attack against myself and some other Libertarian petitioners that was filled with a bunch of twisted stories and outright lies. After I responded to “Angela Keaton’s” ridiculous attacks, I got attacked some Michael Seebeck and CB, and a few other people, one of whom was Jim Davidson who ironically, later on ended up having problems with “Angela Keaton” himself.

History has proven that I was right in everything that I said about Sean Haugh, as he was thoroughly discredited and is no longer involved in the petition business. Haugh ended up getting fired from the LP and later, he got fired from Free and Equal after causing a bunch of problems during petition drives in Texas and Georgia. Haugh’s last foray into the world of ballot access is that he got offered a role as a sub-coordinator for the Americans Elect petition drive in North Carolina back in 2011. This didn’t work out too well for him because he couldn’t find any petitioners who wanted to work for him, and he never collected any signatures himself, so he got let go from the campaign a few weeks later.

My top guesses for the mystery poster are as follows:

1) Michael Seebeck

2) MH

3) CB

4) Sean Haugh (although I’m doubting that Sean Haugh would post a link to an NWA video, so he’s less likely)

Whoever it is, the person is a liar and a coward.

“Quit biting you dumb slut! // Dec 17, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Now Andy Jacobs wants to speculate about who I am. Ask yourself why. It’s because he knows I am telling the truth and he wants to deflect your attention.”

No, it’s because I like to out people who are cowards and liars.

Notice how the mystery poster did not link the NWA YouTube video in their last couple of posts? Whoever it is would have to be familiar with the rap group NWA.

The person is either somebody who has been following this blog for a while, and/or have to be somebody that is connected to the Libertarian Party in California, Southern California in particular.

Seebeck went off on me for my responses to “Angela Keaton’s” crazy attacks, and I know that he posts under fake names and goes off on irrational rants.

MH and CB are both people who could be familiar with NWA, but neither have a connection to California, however, both followed this site in the past, so they’d be likely to make some of the comments they made just from being a long time follower of this site. I know that they have both posted under fake names before as well.

There’s a person with the initials JS that would have said some of the stuff, but I’m doubting that it is them. Now that I think of it, there’s another person with the initials JS who I know would know who NWA is, but this person probably has better things to do with their time, so I’m thinking that they are less likely.

Whoever it is either a member of the Libertarian Party, or a former member of the Libertarian Party.

Seebeck, MH, and CB are my top suspects right now.

Anyone know if Seebeck would be familiar with the rap group NWA? If he’s not likely to be, then MH and CB would become the top suspects.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve already nailed the person, and they are like, “Oh shit, how does he know that it’s me.” LOL!

95. QWERTYUIOP

The joke’s on you, Jacobs. I don’t give a flying fuck who you think I am, does anyone else? Probably not. You haven’t guessed it but keep trying. Just keep talking shit son. The more you talk the more you hurt your own credibility. Talk some more about Angela Keaton and Lee Wrights. That’s it, good boy. You are fucking your own reputation much more than I ever could by running your dumb ass mouth. So keep it up. Throw out some more initials that no one has any idea what you are talking about. Show your ass in public some more. That will make people think of you as credible and professional and want to deal with you and hire you to represent their cause to the public…NOT! As for me. Is my reputation being hurt by this mudfight? Not in the least. See how you are getting played and playing yourself? Keep up the good work! See when I say you are getting paid more than you are worth…which is at best 25 cents a signature….and that people should not hire you to avoid a bunch of drama…you show them exactly what I mean. Good boy!

96. Seebeck

Hello, folks. I find it interesting what search alerts and little birds tell me.

I don’t normally post on a CP-related thread because the CP is not my department (and never will be). BUT, comma, I got called out and was falsely accused without a shred of evidence, so here I am. I could care less about the unimpressive former Congressman Goode.

Besides, these rants here by whomever that person is really isn’t my writing style. I also don’t write in sentence fragments and bad punctuation–my college nuns with the Phds and steel rulers would have a fit, and trust me, it isn’t wise to tick off a nun.

I also wouldn’t call paulie “Jew Frankel”. He and I have our disagreements, but I have no idea about his religion and frankly, I don’t care, because it isn’t relevant to me or to any of his political work.

I also can’t stand 98% of all rap, because it isn’t really music. Most of it is talentless nonsense that can be done much better by simply reading Shakespeare’s sonnets a capella to a metronome’s drum beat.

I do know a MH, but have no idea what that person has been up to lately or if that is the same person. I do know a CB, but AFAIK that person hasn’t been on here in years, if it is even the same person.

Nope, the above anonymous poster isn’t me. I’m afraid, Andy, that you need to search elsewhere.

“QWERTYUIOP // Dec 17, 2012 at 6:24 pm

The joke’s on you, Jacobs. I don’t give a flying fuck who you think I am, does anyone else? Probably not.”

Then why do you post under a fake name? It’s because you are a lying chickenshit coward. I’ve probably already figured out who you are.

98. Suck it, don't bite it

The facts stay the same regardless of who I am. They can be easily confirmed. Many people have been at the LNC meetings in the last 5 years and seen Andy Jacobs spazzing out. His lame extortionism has been on public display in this comment section for years. Frankel, Jacobs, Fincher (MIA) and Witmer have been playing their little games for years with the LP (LNC especially) and third party comments sites. You can find thousands of their comments supporting each other and trying to shake loose some unearned shekels. But what do they add? Anything new or interesting or just recycled garbage? The question answers itself if you have been around here for a while. Now ask yourself, where do they have the time to sit on the computer all the time if they are such hard working petition monkeys. Maybe because they pad their income with exorbitant rates and then pad it some more with extortion. Ask around, check it out. Marry Christmas!

99. Suck it, don't bite it

Stay mad and keep guessing boy. You aren’t doing yourself any favors but you’re too shit for brains dumb to realize it so here’s some more rope to go hang yourself with. You’ll always be just another wannabe, a sucker and a leech. Trying to bite the hand that feeds you. A parasite just like your friends. Extortionist, criminal, good for nothing loser scum, pieces of shit. Go fuck off and kill each other because you’re not getting another dime. And that’s a fact! Remember who killed Jesus folks, there’s a lesson in that this Christmas season. And keep your eyes on your wallet or your pocket book when you’re around Andy and his thieving little asshole friends.

“Suck it, don’t bite it // Dec 17, 2012 at 11:24 pm

The facts stay the same regardless of who I am. They can be easily confirmed. Many people have been at the LNC meetings in the last 5 years and seen Andy Jacobs spazzing out.”

Your “facts” are nothing more than a distortion of reality. The only things that I spoke out about were corruption and mismanagement in regard to Libertarian Party ballot access. EVERYTHING that I said was true.

I’m thinking that whoever this cowardly lying weasel is, may be somebody who was at one of those LNC meetings. If not, then it is obviously somebody who has been following this site for a long time.

Oh yeah, notice how the LP had better ballot access this time than in 2008? That’s because Sean Haugh was not around this time, and Kohlhaas was kept on a shorter leash.

If my advice had been followed, the LP would have made it in Oklahoma this time, and they would have made it in Pennsylvania without it being such a mess and a near miss, plus I would have saved them a lot of money in Pennsylvania if the steps I suggested had been followed instead of ignored.

“Seebeck // Dec 17, 2012 at 10:46 pm

No, Andy, I am not your anonymous poster. I also have zero idea who that person above is, either. But I do appreciate their compliment.”

OK then, I’m going to assume that Seebeck is telling the truth here, and remove him from the list of suspects (or at least lower him on the list of suspects).

I’m now thinking that CB and MH are the top suspects, however, the individual could be somebody who was or is on the LNC, but then again, how many LNC members would have known about the rap group NWA and posted a link to it. I don’t think we’ve had too many fans of rap music on the LNC. It could be a person who has attended at least one LNC meeting that I was at, or it could be somebody who just follows this site online, or maybe it is somebody who works or worked at the LP National office.

This person is either a troll who is doing this for shits and giggles, a person who is mentally disturbed, or perhaps they are somebody that is intentionally trying to sabotage the Libertarian Party by spreading disinformation.

The fact that the person is posting with a fake name shows that they do not have courage in their convictions.

103. Thane Eichenauer

Attempting to successfully guess the identity of an anonymous posters seems to me to be an extremely difficult task. The back and forth also puts the attention on an anonymous entity instead of Virgil Goode.

However, as Dennis Miller once said, “…of course, that’s just my opinion. I could be wrong.”